Saturday 12 April 2014

NaPoWriMo, April 12th - No Idea

NaPoWriMo, April 12th 

No Idea

I place you in the circle of my familial love, from whence
I gift you with my token, velvet compassion against dissent.

Now I can walk the universe's spectacular end, strangely neat
On the trail of sodden petals, gentle and soft under bare feet,

And you will remain encased in my protection,
Though you reject it a thousand times;

And I can swim to the deepest current, violently ripped
On the wicked thorns of thoughtless devotion, sweet-scented, blood-tipped

And you will feel the caress of my patience
Though you deny it a thousand times;

Then I can fly on the desirous breath of scented hurricanes
Through leaves pressed scathingly rough against my dubious aims

And you will bathe in the warm pools of my comfort,
Though you rebuff it a thousand times.

I place you in the circle of my familial love, from whence
My gift to you is non-consensual, uncivil in your defence.

No comments:

Post a Comment